I recently introduced Sharon Bowman's Myth or Fact exercise to my Scrum courses - it has proven to be very a popular way to explore Scrum. Last week in Brussels, we took it a step further - I asked the participants to identify their Myths around Scrum. Here is their list. What do you think, Myth or Fact?
- Scrum is easy to implement.
- Scrum helps you recognize problems
- If you do not apply Scrum 100%, you cannot be successful with Scrum.
- Scrum can only be applied for time-and-material projects.
- Scrum is only for team players
- Scrum will solve any problem
- Scrum is inflexible
- Scrum always works
- Scrum is a revolution
- Scrum gets easier over time
In my humble opinion, 1 is fact if everyone wants to implement it, 2 is a fact, 3 and 9 are debatable (and probably depend on your definition), and everything else is a myth. What do you think?