The actual competitive advantage which can be achieved by consequently deploying the principles and practices of Scrum, Lean and XP have coincided with substantial revenue gains for the companies concerned:
- Excellent Scrum - annual revenue up 400%
- Good Scrum - revenue up 300%
- Pretty Good Scrum - revenue up 150% - 200%
- ScrumButt - revenue up 0-35%
His recommendations to investors:
- Invest only in Agile projects
- Invest only in market leading, industry standard processes – this means Scrum and XP
- Ensure teams implement basic Scrum practices
- Get your teams to pass the Nokia test.
- Get management totally involved.
- Use communication saturation as a competitive advantage.
- What backlog item will drive the earliest appearance of a high priority feature that can be tested?
- Entire team decides this and it is the first thing selected to be worked on.
- Extend the definition of done